Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have a question, my car (2005 Infiniti G35X) had a P0340

Customer Question

Hi i have a question, my car (2005 Infiniti G35X) had a P0340 diagnostic error. The car will stalled and show SLIP and ODV light on the dashboard. Today after i drive a bit and parked the car, the car wouldn't not start at all (not even crank) and just produce a click noise.
The mechanic said it was the starter but after we took out the battery and put it back in, the car started once again. Could a CAMSHAFT sensor stopped a car from starting or cranking?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

The can sensor will not prevent the car from cranking or starting. It sounds like you just had a bad battery or bad battery connection.

Do you want some help changing the cam sensor if it is indeed faulty?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just bought the battery, all the lights are good (When i try to start the engine i hear one click sound, not multiple rapid clicking which should mean that the battery is indeed faulty) the mechanic is saying it's the starter but looking online i see that the camshaft sensor could be the culprit.
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

The cam sensor will never prevent it from cranking. It might make it crank but not start. The only things that keep it from cranking is battery voltage, bad starter, or a bad relay, but the relay won't fix it self. If it's bad, disconnecting the battery and hooking it back up won't help.

I would closely inspect the battery cables and terminals and make sure the wires aren't frayed, broken, or corroded. Infinity will rarely give the low voltage click, it usually just clicks once and looses connection if there is high resistance between the battery and one of the cables. You should also check the ground wire from the negative post to make sure it hasn't come loose on the opposite side.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need additional information. I would love to help if you still need assistance.

Don't forget to rate. We don't get paid if we don't get a positive rating.