Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

What is the best way to get to the wire harness to resolder

Customer Question
ryan what is the best...
ryan what is the best way to get to the wire harness to resolder the splice on the blue wire that goes to the horn
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
11/14/2015
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

Ryan has not been online in almost a year. What is the exact issue with your horn? Please explain..

the horn will not work on the steering wheel it was suggested to resolder splice in wire harness where the three wires are spliced together. between spiral cable fuse and fusible link and the horn relay . horn works with on off of alarm
sky blue wire

If the horn works off the remote, but not at the steering wheel, that is normally a indication that it could be the spiral cable.

Where are you reading about splicing wires?

it was suggested that yellow electrical tape is wrapped around the splice in the harness... typically if it gets wet the splice could get corroded thus breaking the gnd return
it is located on ww7 there is a splice at pin 1 of fuse pin 51 of relay pin 44g
spiral cable

Wow... The Yellow loom is for the Air Bag system. You don't want to touch that.

If the spiral cable is bad, it wouldn't mater what splice you make. The horn will still not work.

Try this. Press and hold the horn down and turn the steering wheel right slowly all the way, and then try turning it left all the way slowly. Let me know at any time does the horn sound?

ok I will give it a try not at the house right now at work
if it does sound what should I do

If it sounds, then your spiral cable is 100% your issue! It's a test I normally do. It is a 50/50 shot that this test would sound the horn. But it doesn't hurt to try it. Cause if it does sound, then you simply diagnosed it yourself.

ok thanks....

Your welcome.. Let me know how you make out when you get home. I will be online till around 10 or 11 pm EST

will do

talk to you soon.

checking in to see how you made out..

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician