Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

I have a 2011 FX35 Infiniti. We took it to the dealer here

Customer Question
Hi - I have a...
Hi - I have a 2011 FX35 Infiniti. We took it to the dealer here in Reno NV to the service dept to have an extra key fob programed. The did a check on the car & said we also needed a new battery so we had them replace that. After we got home we noticed the chime on the button on the outside of the door to lock & unlock was not working along with the door not unlocking on the inside driver side when car turned off. We took back to the dealer / service dept & they didn't have a clue. Took back again today, was there over an hour still don't know. Now want us to bring back for 2 full days, actually leave it there so they cant try & figure out. Today they said maybe we have a wiring problem. That I call bullshit on because the car was in perfect condition when we took it in. I would sure appreciate any help you can give. Thank you, Terri
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
11/14/2015
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

When even I encounter a weird issue like this, the first thing I do is a Hard Reset. To do this you disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 mins. Lets give that a try and return back to me after you performed this and let me know what happened.

My car is at home & I'm at work. I'd like to know if you have ever heard of this before?

No, I have not. But I have fixed some weird things doing a hard reset. When are you going to be home?

I'm off at 530 then 20 mins to get home. Oh they also said they took the buzzer from my car & put in another car & it worked. Then they took a working buzzer from the other car & put in my car & it didn't work. So when we do this hard reset is that going to damage anything? And after that 15 mins we put it back on?

The hard reset won't damage a thing. I am online till 10 or 11 pm EST. Just reply back here when you get home..ok?

Ok. Thank you so much.

Your welcome.. Talk to you soon

Jay my husband is asking is it going to reset everything? And we'll you be on tomorrow? I just got home?
would I be charged again?

If you return back to this question, there will be no extra charges.

It will reset the auto up windows, which is easy to reprogram. You will need to adjust your clock 15 mins and other than that, maybe the memory seats.

I have a busy weekend, I will be online tomorrow morning for a brief period of time. But I will be unavailable after 12 pm.. I will be online again briefly Sunday morning again, then once again.. Gone for the day!..

Did I tell you this is an "intelligent key"? Has no key ignition button only.
We wouldn't be able to reset Windows.

They are all push button start as of 09 and up.. I am very much aware of the ignition system you have.

You can reset the windows.. It's as easy as raising them and lowering them.

To program the auto up feature all you need to do is lower the window all the way. Then lift and hold the window switch up. When the window gets to the top, continue to hold the window switch up for 5 seconds. That will program the auto up feature. So you would need to do this with each window.

Ok thanks. We will get back to you Sunday then when ever your available. Thank you Jay!

your welcome.. You can reply any time from now. This way if I am online at all ( i have a smart phone , so sometimes I check in ) I can reply to you if needed, or see how you made out..

Sound good?

Sounds good, thanks again.

your welcome

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician