Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I just had an oil change done to my M35 Infiniti and I began

Customer Question

I just had an oil change done to my M35 Infiniti and I began to hear fluttering sounds when I would give it has it then started to slow when driving and then eventually shut off I then noticed all the oil from my car was on the side of the road, what happened and what should i do?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description most likely the seal from the old oil filter is stuck on the block and the new oil filter with new seal was installed. Now there are 2 oil filter seals in between the filter and block. Have the vehicle towed back to the place that last serviced the vehicle. They should take care of the towing and repairs at no cost to you.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions or comments let me know.
Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Someone told me that I may have blown a head gasket because of the oil that came out of my car. With what you said would my engine be damaged
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

My page has alerted me your payment has not cleared, so I can't accept the phone request.

Engine damage will depend on how long the engine was run low on oil or with out oil.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I won't be charged for my call request right
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

You will have to contact customer service on payment issues. They are located in your help section.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm confused because the oil didn't fully leave my car until the car shut off and that's when I saw it on the road under my car
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

Is there oil up on the top of the engine?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

Coayso opt'd put cause he felt that he can not help you. So i will be addressing your issue.

First thing, can you tell me who did the oil change? Dealer? Repair shop?

Let me know