Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

1995 Infiniti J30t - the headlights work but sometimes only

Customer Question

1995 Infiniti J30t - the headlights work but sometimes only one works and other times that one works but not the other one. Sometime one will go out and then back on while driving. They've never both gone off at the same time but I think once they did while the car was parked. Is there a relay that controls the lights which could cause this problem. Thanks
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike O. replied 1 year ago.

Most of the time on the J30's when the lights are going out it's going to be the headlamp control unit relay. They always go bad and can give the exact symptoms you are describing. The part is only available through the dealer as far as I know. Part number is ***** and runs about $75 or so. Here's a pic of it's location. It's a black relay to the right of the brake master cylinder if you're standing in front of the car near the strut tower.