Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have a 1998 Infinity QX4. On initial push, the brake pedal

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 1998 Infinity QX4. On initial push, the brake pedal travels half way. The brakes start to grab and then lighten up and then grab again. on second push I have full pedal yet it feels like its grabbing hard on the back yet does not skid. I have replaced the brakes and rotors and drums. Bleed the system no help. replaced master cylinder and power booster. bleed system. unplugged battery while bleeding. no help. Hope y'all can help.
Thanks, Jack
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Some of your description sounds like a few things. First question I have on your issue is if your rotors you replaced, are the bearings fully snug? If you have the front wheels off the ground, is there any play?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apparently i'm talking with a computer. Thanks for nothing
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

This is not a computer. I am willing to help you, i am just out for the day. I will be home and online around 4 or 5 pm if you would like to continue

Let me know