Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My 2008 G35 sedan is acting up. My homelink, clock and auton

Customer Question

My 2008 G35 sedan is acting up. My homelink, clock and auton fan button are not working properly. The clock and homelink are not working at all and the auto fan for the a/c must be tuned on each time I get in the car. Had to replace the battery earlier this week.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Lets start with the home link. Please explain what it is doing. Does pressing the buttons on the mirror make any light display on the mirror indixating it is seeing the signal?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The green light is on but when I depress the two outer buttons for 20 sec it does nothing. I thought I just needed to reset it.
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.

When you press a button, does the green light change? Did the home link use to open the garage door? Was it ever programmed to do so?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yeah it worked. I had the car in the shop yesterday with a burned out headlamp. They had to take out battery to check all fuses. Found out the issue was the ballast and not the bulb. After I got it home, I realized the issue with home link and clock.
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.

The home link may simply need to be reprogrammed. If the green light is on, then it is getting power.

Try to reprogram it and see if that works.

What is wrong with the clock?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I saw an earlier post and replaced a 10 amp fuse and got the clock and home link to work. The auto fan still does not come on at start but will if I depress the auto button. Is that another fuse?
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.

Cool, glad it was a simple fuse for the home link and clock.

Now what about the auto air? The gan does not work?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's working. I think I'm good.
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.

All right then. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Thanks Jay