Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

I have a 11 Infiniti QX56 and the vehicle is having some

Customer Question
issues. The vehicle will...
I have a 11 Infiniti QX56 and the vehicle is having some issues. The vehicle will set off the service engine light and immediately start to idle rough and bounce around between 900 to 1100. While driving it will act as if it is only firing on part of the cylinders and then it will not go over 20 mph. When you press the accelerator all the way to the floor it struggles but once you release the pedal it will start to go. I will then reset the the vehicle by disconnecting the ground to the battery and the car is fine for a day or a week because it is inconsistent. On occasion it will affect the a/c as well.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
9/26/2015
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

How many miles do you have on your truck? Also do you have a service engine soon light on when the engine is running?

70000 miles and not always is the light on. It does come on ocassionally.

Do you happen to know what codes you may have?

With the new Snap On computer is had 12 fault codes logged. There was a code that pertained to the BCM, transmission, a/c control, and several other issues as well. I do not know the actual fault code that it logged at this time. If I disconnect the ground wire off the battery and let it reset the system the vehicle will run fine for a period of time before it starts to act up once again.

Do you have tje list of those code numbers?

I do not. If required I will have to get the computer and reconnect to get the list of codes.

I know these trucks very well. I do need the codes to properly help you and i know which codes are false codes

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician