Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

My 2000 G20 has about 270,000 miles. I put in a new battery.

Customer Question
My 2000 G20 has about...
My 2000 G20 has about 270,000 miles. I put in a new battery. It starts and has been running just fine for short distances for about 2 months, But all of a sudden, it is now stalling upon idle. I'm afraid to drive it. We are having a heat wave with 100 degree temps, maybe that is part of the problem. The check engine light just came on. I need the car only to get to the train about 3 blocks away each morning, and to bring home groceries. Could it be idle air motor or mass airflow sensor? I'm about to have AAA tow it to the dealer, but I'm on a very tight budget and afraid of what they will say. This is basically a service car. I hurt my foot a few months ago running 3-4 blocks to catch the train. I need the car to get to work, and to haul groceries home.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
9/12/2015
Infiniti Mechanic: john aka eautp, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
john aka eautp
john aka eautp, ASE Certified Technician

do you have access to a scan tool? is the light on solid or flashing?

?

john aka eautp
john aka eautp