Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Greetings, I have a 2006 Infiniti g35x just replace the

Customer Question

Greetings, I have a 2006 Infiniti g35x just replace the factory radio, when I took the shift knob off with the c-clip and remove the handle all was well, replace the radio and Installed everything back when I install the shift knob back on Automatic its not engaging the tranny, when I remove the handle and press on the level down it engages, is they a part that drop out of the Knob when I disable it?
Thanks
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

There is normally a blue plastic tip on the shifter that can fall off. This takes up the space from the shift knob to the shifter. If you can remove the shift knob and you only see the white tip coming out of the shifter and you can press that in with no problem and it changes gears, you lost the plastic spacer that goes on tip of it.

If you have any more questions on this please feel free to ask.

If not, and you are satisfied with my help, please Rate me.

I hope that I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay