Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

I have an 2004 g35. When I set the aLarm with my key fob the

Customer Question
horn just blared. I ended...
I have an 2004 g35. When I set the aLarm with my key fob the horn just blared. I ended up pressing lock/unlock buttons to turn off horn...next day I now have a dead battery.
Changed battery...same thing
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/31/2015
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Is this a coupe or sedan?

Sedan

When you lock the car with your Remote, does the security light turn solid for 10 to 20 seconds then start to blink?

Pressing and holding the Lock and Unlock button, does that turn the horn back on?

Was scared but haven't tried yet. Just been locking doors from inside the car.

Give it a try and let me know if the horn operation returns when you lock the car

Only other way to make horn sound go away is key in ignition

What do you mean? When you cycle the key, and step out of the car, the horn operation stops working again?

It gave one honk...like it's locked

ok

That is good. Now unlock it start the car, turn it off, and step away from the car and try the remote again

Car didn't start...but lights come on. Alarm light in dash is blinking like alarm is set

When the key is in the ON position, the alarm light is blinking?

It still blinks when ignition in the on position

That tells me you may have a after market alarm. Can you take a picture of the light that is flashing when the key is in the ON position for me to see?

It's the park light(yellow) not the whole light

The parking lights are flashing?

about 2-3 times.

Thank you.. That verifies you have a After Market Alarm. To disable it you will need to locate the after market alarm control module and unplug the main plug to the control unit. The control unit for the after market alarm is normally located under the drivers side of the dash. Please keep in mind, there is no exact way to tell you where it's located since it is not factory. I am just saying where it normally is located.

Give that a try and let me know how you make out..

New update! We have found out that if we turn the radio off BEFORE turning off and locking up the car...we don't have a dead battery at next start up. So...is it safe to say it's the radio that's draining the battery? We've been able to successfully start up the car if we turn the radio before turning off car.

That is good news. Good job isolating the draw. Radio's and Seat switches were fairly common to cause draws.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician