Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have a 2012 g37x. The key is stuck. I think I put it in

Customer Question

I have a 2012 g37x. The key is stuck. I think I put it in upside down. How do I remove it? It's still under warranty.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Did you take the mechanical key out of the remote and put it in the slot? and that is where it's stuck?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. The mechanical key does not go into that slot. It's only for emergency entry if the battery goes dead so you can open the doors.

the remote goes into that slot. Your not the first person who has made this mistake. So lets see if we can help get it out.

What I do is get a pair of needle nose pliers and get a good grip on the key. Then I take a Flat head screw driver and push the back spring back plate in. While pushing it in, I give the key a few good tugs and it slips out. You may need to twist it a little while pulling.

Give that a try and let me know how you make out.