Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

I have a 2004 g35 and I got the P1615 code ( discharging

Customer Question
battery) what I should do?...
I have a 2004 g35 and I got the P1615 code ( discharging battery) what I should do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
8/24/2015
Infiniti Mechanic: Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic

Hi there,

This code is security code, will the car start?

the car start ! Only if I drive the car every day! If I don't drive for 3 days won't start ( the car battery was tasted)

Ok, the code then isn't relevant to the problem with the battery.

If the battery is good and losing charge after only a few days, you have what is called a parasitic drain. This is difficult to locate and requires a volt meter and some good knowledge on how to use it and electrical diagnosis.

Basically you have to take a volt meter and hook it to the battery. Then close everything down and wait for the computers to go to sleep. Once that happens, you will see the draw on the meter. Then you have to pull the main fuses one at a time until the draw drops off. Once you pull the right fuse that eliminates the draw, you then have to test each circuit that is on that fuse until you find the short.

Please let me know if there is any more I can do to help you from here.

What happens next:
Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.
My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.
Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic