Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

I have a 2005 g35 infinity I recently took my car to infinty

Customer Question
to replace the sending unit...
I have a 2005 g35 infinity I recently took my car to infinty to replace the sending unit in my dash,cause it wasnt reading it,so its doing it again I paid over a 1000 dollars so its back there again and now they say its in the fuel tank,my question is when they diagnosed it wouldn't they of found it in the gas tank?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
It wasn't reading the fuel so thhey replaced the sensor in the dash but not the sending unit in the fuel pump
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/4/2015
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

The Fuel level senders are the most things for the fuel gauge not to read properly. That is the first thing I normally check. How off was the gauge reading?

Like when its a fourth of a tank and I put 20 in it,it goes to half a tank
What I would do is go back to the dealer, and tell them you want your original meter put back in, that was not the problem, and you want the fuel level sensors replaced.
Normally when it won't show full, that is a fuel level sender. That should have been checked first! You are right about that since that is what sends the signal for the gauge position.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!
Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician