Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti qx4: Good morning,I have a 99 qx4 that got struck

Customer Question

Good morning,
I have a 99 qx4 that got struck on Lh rear qt panel. After repairs now have fuel vapors coming into passenger cabin. I replaced canister, purge valve, purge valve solenoid, still no help. I have no dtc or any other form of indication on dash. Checked associated lines for cracks or looseness, seems ok.also checked fuel pump seal, ok. Is there something I'm overlooking, can you help, thanks.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! If I recall, the fuel filler neck is on that side. The fuel filler neck has a vent line in it, that could be damaged allowing fuel vapors into the cab. Especially if they body work did not seal the repairs properly. I would recommend you take it back to the body shop. When it comes to fuel vapors, they are more dangerous than a fuel leak. The vapor is what is flammable. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!