Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti M35: , im having a problem with my radio on my 06

Customer Question

Hi, im having a problem with my radio on my 06 infinity m35. I sometimes need to hit the center near the shifter on passenger side to get sound. Is there something that can be loose around that area?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! This is a internal issue with the Radio causing your problem. When they come in with no sound, we normally do exactly what you say you do to get sound. What needs to be done is to have the radio removed and sent out for repair to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you positive? Cause when i do get sound, only the driver side speaker work. Can't it be shorting out somewhere in that area?
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Yes i am almost positive that is your issue.
Unless the radio was removed and re-installed recently. Other wise it is a internal issue in your radio.
If you have any more questions on this please feel free to ask.
Thanks Jay
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How much will this repair cost?
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
It's hard to say, it's really up to the vendor that repairs them. Normally costs start at 299, plus the labor to remove and re-install the radio which is normally around 1 hour labor. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!