Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My infiniti g35 2003 stopped responding to the alarm controllers,

Customer Question
hi, my infiniti g35 2003...
hi, my infiniti g35 2003 stopped responding to the alarm controllers, and no interior lights work,the door locks don't work, I try to start the car but it doesn't
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Infiniti
7/2/2015
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 3 years ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!Does the head lights turn on?
No
Have you attempted to try jump starting the car to see if that would work?
You mean when the battery is low? No not yet
I would try to jump start the car and see if it's simply a weak or dead battery first. Then let me know how you make out.
Ok
Talk to you after you have tried this. Thanks Jay!
I tried to jump it but nothing
Did you get any power through the car when you attempted to jump it?
Yes, i can see the stereo working, the dash board, only the interior lights are not working or the door locks, window switch, also when I try to atart the car, it sounds like its going to start, but it does not
When you turn the key to the ON position, is the security light on solid?
I will check that
ok
No security light on at all when on
So the engine turns over, but does not start, is that correct?
Do you know if you have any codes?
Yes
Yes it turns over?
Yes it has codes?
It turns over but does not start
Let me get the codes
Ok, I need to get off line early tonight. Can we continue tomorrow evening?
Here are the codes
P1610, P1612, U1001
That sounds like you may have a BCM issue.
The BCM controls interior lights, door locks and windows. It also retains the memory for the keys to start the car. The U1001 is a control unit failure code. CAN diagnostics needs to be done to verify it's the BCM, but that sounds like that is your issue based on the info you have given me.
Once the BCM is replaced, all the keys will need to be reprogrammed to the car, then it will run.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!