Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

Infiniti q-45: 99 q-45 with p1110 code where is the solenoid

Customer Question

99 q-45 with p1110 code where is the solenoid located how do I clean or replace
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Clayso replied 2 years ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience. P1110 sets when the Electronic Control Module (ECM) commands Variable Valve Timing (VVT) but the actual valve timing degrees doesn't match commanded degrees. The VVT solenoid for P1110 is located on the drivers cylinder head back, in between the head and the firewall. To check the solenoid. Verify there is battery voltage on the Green/Yellow wire. With the engine idling, ground the Brown wire, there will be a noticeable change in idle quality (should idle rough). The VVT solenoid has very fine oil ports, carb spray might clean it out if it's not to gummed up. I hope this information is helpful to you.Should you have any questions please let me know.Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you. Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks so much.