Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Infiniti G37xS: , i need a 12v acc-switched power tap under…

Customer Question
hi, i need a 12v...
hi, i need a 12v acc-switched power tap under hood of my 2013 G37
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Infiniti
6/28/2015
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 3 years ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! What is it you are installing so I can help you get a ACC power Source. Let me know..
drl lamps
replacement of oem fog lamps
see diagram here
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Scion-FR-S-Install-LED-Fog-Lights-Assembly-with-Halo-Angel-Eyes-a/574.htm
model 70-610
ok.. Give me a few. I need to look at some wiring diagrams.
There is no place under the hood for this. Infiniti sells a kit with sub harness that go inside the car and tap into the BCM as well as a control unit for DTRL operation. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/G37%20DTRL.PDFThat is the instructions as well as the part number for the kit. If you attempt to tap into any other circuit you run risk of damaging a control unit. Power all under the hood is controlled by control units. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!
so, to get a acc swtiched source, i need to go through the firewall?
What you are installing is not a DRTL, it's a Fog Light. This is going to require a module and sub harness for installation. All ACC power sources are inside the car. If you are going to use a power source, use the power socket. But you may not be able to use the power socket. If you do, you may over load the circuit and blow fuses. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay
no, it has relay modules already
i need switched power line to turn on/off DRLs
if i go through hood-release grommet, where first and nearest place to get 12 v acc line?
(I can always to go the console and tap the cig lighter, but that looks like lots of disassembly
low current
10 amp max
btw: fog lmaps use oem wiring
these are dual mode lights
part led drl
part led fog
ref: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Genuine-OEM-Spec-Fog-Light-Replacement-p/70-610.htm
The socket in the console I think is a constant hot. The safest wires to tap into are the power sockets. All other wires use a control unit for power. You run risk of damaging a control unit if you tap into any other wire. there is a Plug in the harness behind the glove box for ambient lights inside the car. You can see if you can locate that and see if that is a remote power. I don't think it is, I think it's a ground trigger with a constant power. Thanks Jay!
ok, seems I might have to go for the ashtray socket then.
it's across the key I'm pretty sure
btw: that factory drl kit is $670 !
ridiculous cost and complexity,
That kit comes with lights, Control unit and Sub Harnesses. I agree, the price is not the best. But then again, nothing from Infiniti isn't cheap! The socket by the Ashtray would be a good place. That is a Remote Power Source. You can unplug the socket so you don't over load the circuit also. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!