Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti G37 Sport: Just threw code p0011 on my 2008 infinti

Customer Question

Just threw code p0011 on my 2008 infinti g37 coupe looks like it could be a nightmare
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Car goes into limp mode and won't rev past 3500 rpm
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So says experts online but no answer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! How is your oil level? I just got online.Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oil level has never been a issue. I did a oil change and a week later yesterday it threw the P0011 code and that it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
I just wanted to be sure before I give you my thoughts on that code and from what I have experienced with that code. So oil level you say is good?
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Please remember, Typing takes time and I am not the fastest of typers.
So give me time, I will respond. I am online till 10 or 11 pm EST
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes.. Car just hit 61,000 and has never had a oil consumption issue
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I ordered a intake control solenoid and a camshaft sensor which will be here tomorrow. I pulled the solenoid and it was clean and no screens clogged
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.. Do you have any type of extended warranty on the car? Cause what I am going to explain is a fairly costly repair.
None of those parts you ordered will correct this problem
Let me know..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Out of warranty. I am afraid it's the internal gaskets I have been reading about
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If it is what other parts should also be replaced while engine is opened up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also will it damage the engine if I drive it like that
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is. There is a gasket on the back timing cover that when it fails, it keeps oil pressure from reaching the upper intake sprockets. When this happens the sprockets can't operate properly since they require the oil pressure for operation. So this 8 dollar gasket on the back timing cover is the cause of all your issues.
Labor time is around 10 to 12 hours labor to remove the timing chains to replace this gasket I am afraid.
You don't want to drive it like this, cause if the sprocket starve to much of oil they seize where each sprocket is around 500 bucks.
I know you ordered parts, if they are after market, don't even try them. After Market electrical parts never work on these cars.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All parts are oem.. So since the car is at 61000 is there anything I should replace while its apart? And do they drop the engine or go through the front??!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Water pump, chain etc
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
No.. Water pump you don't need to change. As for timing chains, with only 61k miles, I can't see you needing any of that either. To me this is a simple gasket only job.
thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do they drop the engine or go through the front
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
No, they don't need to remove the engine. The Radiator fans are removed so the front timing cover can be removed.
Thanks Jay!
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jay!