Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Infiniti G35 Sport: Greetings ... replaced the battery in my…

Customer Question
Greetings ... replaced the battery...
Greetings ... replaced the battery in my 07 G35S sedan, and now the driver's seat won't go forward/back/tilt (psgr seat fine), mirrors will not move, and auto up/down on the windows won't work (they do work when switch held up/down, just the suto function is not working. Any ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
6/25/2015
Infiniti Mechanic: 3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician
hi r u be the car now ??
Sorry, was having dinner ... what's up?
for the seat it sounds like you have a blown fuses so check all the fuses under the hood and inside the car . for the windows they will need to be reset do that just by putting the window down then pull all the way up on the switch keep holding the switch for 7 seconds after the window close fully then release and pull the window down with auto then back up with auto do both windows one at a time
I checked all the fuses in the block next to the battery as well as the ones next to the driver's left leg (pulled fuses, checked with multimeter and reseated) - all were good ... any other places where there are hidden fuses? And I'll try the window fix now.
Window reset fixed that problem ... all 4 windows now working correctly. No change with mirrors not working and driver's seat not moving.
did you check the fuses that is a separate problem from the windows
you have ether a blown fuse or a wiring problem there most likely a fuse because it was working before the battery replacement
Agree it is most likely a fuse ... are there any other places where there would be one? I've pulled all from the main block next to the battery as well as all by the driver's left leg - all tested good.
give me some time when i get to work in one hour i will get you the location of that fuse
Thanks!
did you check the big fuse box behind the battery ?
No box "behind" the battery ... there is a box next to the battery and I checked all the fuses there - all were good.
Also checked the main fusable link and all the aux fusable links on the battery harness - they too are all good.
is this a coup or sedan
07 G35S sedan
ok so if you remove the cover for the battery right behind the battery there is a black box remove the cover you will see the fuse box inside
I have already checked the fuses next to the battery in the main fuse block as well as removing the cover for the IPDM (intelligent power distribution module) right next to it and checked the fuses in there ... all are good.
did you have any sparks when installing the battery
None. Positive connected first, negative lead second.
do you have the auto position seats there would be button on the door pedal that say set 1 2 3 ??
Yes. Full G35 sport package with auto adjusting seats with lumbar, thigh & chest supports (inflatable). Lumbar and thigh/chest support inflation pump all work, but slide front/back and tilt do not work. No lights on the door buttons for the auto position seats either.
ok sounds like you have a problem with the auto drive position unit the unit is located under the driver front seat you should try disconnecting to unit then reconnect and see if it work disconnect the battery before yo u do this please
When I took it to the dealership, they swapped out the unit with a new one and it did not work. Original one is back in now. No changes. Also made sure the re-initialization was done after the swap - no change.
did they check power and ground to the unit
I checked the ground all the way to the seat switch yesterday, still no power to the switch. I'm tracing back thru the wire bridles today to see if there are any shorts/breaks along the way. So far, wiring is good.
no power ??
did you also check the fuse box under the dash ??
No power at the switch, working backwards towards the battery thru all the wiring and gizmos. And yes, I checked all the fuses in the panel by the driver's left leg.
and you have seat operation before the battery replacement
Correct. Still have passenger seat operation and partial driver seat operation. No slide or tilt on driver's seat, and neither side mirror work.
try this disconnect the battery both cable with the both cables off the battery hold both cables touching for 1 minute then reconnect and see if the seat start to work
OK ... it'll take a little time. I'll get back to you with what I find.
ok