Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

I have G37. One I press start boton it takes time till

Customer Question
engine start. Nothing wrong with...
I have G37. One I press start boton it takes time till engine start. Nothing wrong with starteer as it engage immediately. This only happen when outside temperature is very high. No check engine light. Fuel pump replaced with no help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
6/18/2015
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
What year G37 is this? Coupe or Sedan? Any Mods on the car? Cold air intake? K&N air filters?
Also when it does not start, do you get a single click or rapid clicking?
Let me know..
Sedan G37xS. Standard original air intake. Rapid click as normal but it seems to be the issue with fuel system
What year is the car?
2011
Thank you.
a 2011 G37 with Rapid clicking when trying to start is normally a sign of a weak battery. If your with in the 4 years or 60k mile bumper to bumper warranty the Battery is covered. So the dealer would check it and replace it if found to be bad.
That is what will give you that rapid clicking when you try to start it.
Sometime if you let it sit, it may turn over slow as it could build a charge, and it may start. But based on your description. It's a battery issue.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!
Sir,Nothing wrong with battery and started. As I said the issue with the fuel system. Fuel going late into the engine in hot weather.
Rapid clicking is normally a battery issue. How many miles do you have on the car?
50k. It does not click. It engaged imediatly with full power. No issue with the battery or starter
I thought you said that when it happens you get a rapid clicking and it doesn't start. Has the dealer looked at this issue at all for you?
No. This car is an American specs and now it is in ME. Dealer did not accept it
What do you mean the dealer did not accept it? What is wrong with the car that they would not accept it? This car as long as it's not salvage and is a US car, it may still be under factory warranty. I can check for you if you give me the vin. Let me know.
Once you take the car outside USA warranty will be cancelled
if you share the vin with me, I can verify that. Could you share the vin with me?
Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician