Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

Have a 2009 infinti g37x sedan. looking intake

Customer Question
hello have a 2009 infinti...
hello have a 2009 infinti g37x sedan. looking for the intake cam timing degree. i borrowed a scanner and need to check if thats my problem. right now B1 is 27.4 degree and B2 is 27.4 degree at idle, basically need to figure out if my B2 cam sprocket is
bad
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/12/2015
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
Are those the intake timing readings at idle?
yes.
Is that fully warmed up? Those are both high readings at idle.
Are you getting some sort of code also?
P0345
At coolant 201 degree- b1 7.1 b2 7.2
Jumped to 27 both of them
That is odd, the timing is even high for 7.1 or 7.2.... How many miles on the car?
103x light turned on vdc slip lights on. Shifts hard
Shifts hard? Hmmm..
Can we continue this later this evening? My lunch is over and I need to get back to work.
I am normally online around 6 or 7 pm EST and online till 10 or 11 pm.
Can we continue then?
It's going to be tough. I have to return it back at 5pm. What do I need to test? I'm guessing getting reading under load, idle, start up? Let me know what else I need to check.
Could a flywheel be a cause and how would it cause it?
Is this car a stick?
Automativ
Time is a bit sgirt
Don't have a lot of time left
Well I want to be able to spend time helping you but I am currently working. That is why I ask if we can continue later this evening.
Is that possible?
It could be possible but what should I get readings for? I have to return it and I can't get it back
Sorry, I didn't realize this was a rental scanner and it had to go back and that is what you meant by time.
Did this car have any type of major engine work before this happened?
I talked to you before. http://my.justanswer.com/question/index/d93c0e123cc64c59b00db1521b66d85a?al=1&utm_source=sys&utm_medium=email&utm_content=viewr_ln&utm_campaign=answer_notify_ppq_a&r=ems%7C2015-03-18%7C325%7Cln=viewr_ln
Needed to check intake timing
I changed the rear timing gaskets due to p0021
Thank you. Since you have been in the timing area, either the timing is off 1 tooth on each side, or your intake timing sprockets are bad.
When you did the timing chain work, did you disable the fuel system and turn the engine over to build oil pressure up first?
If you didn't, it could have jumped a tooth or two.
You are going to need to remove the front timing cover again, and check your timing. If your timing is good, then you need intake sprockets. If the timing is off, then I would set the timing and re-assemble. Unless you want to replace the sprockets anyway so you know it can't be anything else in there. That is up to you.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!
Would a vacuum leak contribute to the problem. Or the flywheel. Idk if it's damaged or not for the hard shifting.
Vacuum leak really won't affect the timing.
I can't see the flywheel being a problem, unless it was removed and installed for some reason.
There is a TCM update for Harsh Shifting.
I have a autel maxisys. Would that be able update the tcm
I am not familiar with that scanner to be able to tell you. It would have to have the software on it for the Harsh Shift update. Which I know is on the Dealer scanner. I have done a ton of them.
It's highly unlikely that the scanner would have the software to for the harsh shift.
this may be random but, could this part 15200-EY00A or 15200-AR000(idk which one it is) cause the problem. i remember noticing that it was missing on one side. heres a pic 15200N
http://www.infinitipartsdeal.com/diagrams/large/V36/135_C002.png
Hello
Yes, Those are the Screens. You need to have those to filter the oil so nothing jams up the sprockets.
how come the hard shifting happens when the p0345 code comes on. would it make sense to update the software. how would they be related.
Cause the cam sensor also causes a engine speed signal code. Since it looses engine position signal. When it finally sees it, that is when you get that hard shift.
Thanks Jay
Thanks Jay!
Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician