peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 07 Nissan Altima Hybrid 2.5 Vin#1N4CL21E37C189865 &

Customer Question

I have a 07 Nissan Altima Hybrid 2.5 Vin#1N4CL21E37C189865 & THIS vehicle wont get ready or start. the key fob doesn't work. Unless I put the key in the slot the dash wont light. I also noticed that when the key is in the slot and I press the start button
on time the it goes straight to on it skips acc. I checked the brake lights and they all work both tail & high mount stop light.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what is described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.The ignition switch contacts act up or fail internally and can cause a constant or intermittent issue like this here.
I would have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set and from there they can be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.The ignition switch will need checked with a scan tool and multi meter to be sure it is the cause and then replaced from there.
Thanks Pete