Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

Infiniti qx56: Mike i have a question if my timing is wrong

Customer Question
hi Mike i have a...
hi Mike i have a question if my timing is wrong i cant get any spark then?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/6/2015
Infiniti Mechanic: Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Hi there,Does the check engine light come on when you turn the key on?How did you check for spark?Let me know, thanks
no dose it not come on
Ok, do you have a test light so I can have you test some electrical?Or a volt meter?
yes i have what is the volt to check if i dont get the rights volt wnat can i do then?
We have to check for voltage on one of the white/blue stripped wires out at the coils. See if there is power with the key in the run position on that wire. This will tell me if the ecm relay is actually coming on or not.If there isn't any power, then you may have a blown fusible link that should supply power to the ipdm. So, this is the quickest check to see if there is any power.Let me know.
beacuse i check the 3 wires that gose to the coil spark and only i have ground the white/blue stripped i dont have any power because other wire what it dose? and change a new ipdm.
.
Ok, need to see if fuse #53 in the IPDM has power or not, do you have a diagram of the IPDM you can use to locate this fuse?
yes the new comes with number ok we have power #53 fuse
Ok, you need to check the white/black wire on pin 7 of the 119 connector coming out of the IPDM. Key off it should have power on it, then when you go to start the truck, the power should go to zero. When it goes to no power it's activating the ecm relay. If it doesn't go to zero volts, then the ecm relay isn't working and that is why you have no power/spark.It's the ecm's job to activate the relay, so if it isn't then the ecm is likely the problem.Let me know.
yes has power when the key is off
and key on in the run or start position?
so the power to make spark comes from wire pin 7 119 connector that tranfers power to the white /blue stripps wires
No, the power comes from the ecm relay in the ipdm, and fuse #53.When you turn the key on, pin 7 goes to ground and this turns the relay on so the power switches to the w/blue wires. A relay is like a light switch. It uses ground to throw the switch. If the ecm is not sending the ground signal, then the switch won't trip and the computer won't come on. This appears to be the case here.Now, that being said, make sure your security light is going out when you crank the engine. If it isn't, then the computer is probably immobilized and not allowing the relay to activate.Please be kind enough to rate my answers to this point.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.
Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic