Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Infinity g35: I have a 2003 Infinity g35.Rear tail lights…

Customer Question
I have a 2003 Infinity...
I have a 2003 Infinity g35.
Rear tail lights don't come one.
Backup and breaks do
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/3/2015
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 3 years ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
The fuse for the Tail lights is in the IPDM which is under the passenger wiper cowl next to the battery.
How handy are you?
I looked at it already. Relay or fuse; tough to identify.
Hello?
Not the fuse box in front of the battery, there is another one that you need to take the passenger side wiper cowl off to access it. Is that where you looked?
Here is a image of where the IPDM is located.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/g35%20IPDM%20loc%202.jpg
No. I pulled the battery panel and looked at that fuse block.
I'll try.
Any pics?
I just have that one picture of the IPDM location. Let me get you the fuse location in the IPDM.. Hang on..
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/1.jpg
That is the fuse location in the IPDM for the rear tail lights and lic plate lights.
Let me know how you make out locating the IPDM.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!
I pulled it.?
Which fuse it for the taillights
I gave you a link showing the fuse location. Here it is again.
Thank Jay!
The #75 fuse looks good.
didn't solve it
Please check all those fuses in the IPDM. That is where the parking lights / Tail light fuses are located. Other wise you could have a Bad IPDM. The IPDM controls exterior lights for your car. The IPDM is like a control unit. IF that fuse is good, you need to check it with a test light to see if the fuse is getting power or not. If it's not getting power or even if it's getting power, there could be a problem in the IPDM causing your issue. This may require more advanced electrical diagnostics.
Thanks Jay!
Tomorrow
Ok, So you know when you can find me, I am normally online around 6 or 7 pm EST and then online till 10 or 11 pm.
Talk to you then.
thanks Jay!
The fuse was bad and I replaced it.
still not working.
noticed the front amber running light not working either.
Do you have a test light?