Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

Ok, a little history here. About 52k miles it was discovered

Customer Question
the oil jet was hit...
Ok, a little history here. About 52k miles it was discovered the oil jet was hit by the belt and the dealer recommended a R & R of the long block. Car 2011 qx56 now has 87k on it and I keep getting cat code p0420 and recently p0430. Only got the 0430 once. Have cleared the 0420 codes like 6 times, but it is back again after last clearing a day ago. That's one issue. The other seems to be lack of power and a transmission. Shuttering from 1 through 3rd gear. Usually uphill but not just. When I toggle to manual mode the problem subsides. It's really annoying - I can power through it and get better performance but it still remains when driving normally around town. What do you make of it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
5/19/2015
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
The oil jet issue has nothing to do with the Catt Converter codes your getting. You get these codes when the rear 02 sensor starts to read exhaust readings that the front Air Fuel Ratio is reading. That is when it determines the Catt Converter is not functioning properly and throws the codes. The Catt Converters are no longer under warranty. They had a 8 year or 80k mile warranty. If you have a good service history with your dealer, they may offer assistance called good will to help with the cost of the repair. These are not easy to install. Its going to be around 6 hours labor to install, plus the cost of the parts.
As for your Transmission issue, you may want to see if there is any program updates for the transmission to see if it correct the issue. Allot of fixes today are simply program updates.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!
Ok - another problem just surfaced. I had my mechanic (40 years as one) clear the 420 & 430 codes. He hit the start button while foot on the brake and the car started to fire and then poof - nothing!!! Nothing electrical works now, car won't start. We tried battery boost several times and still nothing. I bought a new battery bc the draw on the battery was 7.4 volts. New battery didn't do anything. Still no electrical systems work. Car is dead. What you make of it? Is there a specific fuse or something that needs to hit/changed? All fuses in box look good. Help!
I am limited to one topic per question and I still have not received credit for the original question.
I have thoughts on your problem, but it would require a new question I am afraid.
Thanks Jay!
Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician