Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti fx45: I have a 2003 Infiniti fx45. I was driving

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Infiniti fx45. I was driving and lost all power to the engine. It would only run in idle and wouldn't accelerate. I disconnected the battery to see if it would reset the codes but that only worked temporarily before it would do it again. Any ideas what this might be?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
What are the codes you are getting?
Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im not sure what the codes are
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Well, we are going to need to know what codes you have to determine the direction needed to repair this problem. There is many things that can cause what you are describing. Do you know any one with a code reader? How drive-able is the car?