Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

Infiniti QX56: I've been hearing a loud whistling noise at

Customer Question
I've been hearing a loud...
I've been hearing a loud whistling noise at start up in my 2012 Infiniti QX56. Took it to the dealer, turns out I needed a timing chain (they had my truck for 1 week). 2 weeks later I noticed oil leaking on my new home driveway. I immediately went to the dealer and was informed it was residual oil from replacing the timing chain. The next day I went back to the dealer because oil was infact leaking as I told them. They looked at my truck and stated I needed a new oil pan (which they kept my truck for two days waiting on the part). The same day I picked my truck up, I didn't make it home before the service engine light cam on, I called Infiniti and informed them. The service manager stated nothing to worry about they didn't reset the sensors, but it's too late on Friday to do anything and they would bring me a vehicle on Monday and pick my truck up. Well Well Well, I didn't drive on Saturday but Sunday morning I went out and I was a 1/2 mile away from my home when my truck started stalling and not accelerating I had to call for a flat bed to get towed to Infiniti, while the vehicle was on the flat bed I agin noticed oil leaking. They said they had to replaced the oil pump (they had my vehicle since 03/15/15) and it's still not ready, because it's still stalling. Just got a phone call that they have finally found the issue, the "Variable Valve Sprocket" is bad and they will have my truck until at least 03/30/15. I got my truck back and ot was still doing the same thing a few days later, Infiniti put a new engine in it after this trip back. I now have 63,000 miles on it and the service engine light is back on again. What can be the issue now. Thank God I have the extended warranty up to 120,000 miles
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
After the variable vavle sprocket was done, a week later my Qx56 started miss firing and the service engine light started blinking. Infiniti finally replaced the engine. The new engine has 858 miles my vehicle has 63,000 miles on it now. Why did did my service engine light come back on today. (I ensured my gas cap was secure to make sure that wasn't the issue, however I haven't gotten any gas in the last 4 days). This truck is becoming a major issue.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I would like to cancel....Its been over a hour and I still haven't received a answer to my question
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/10/2015
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
Sorry for the delay. I can understand your concern with the truck. Other than the Service Engine Soon light, since you have had the new engine installed, are you experiencing any oil leaks or any other running issues?
Let me know..
I am sorry for the delay. Your question was posted at 12 am my time. It is now 1 am and I actually just walked in from a late night. I saw your question was fairly recent, so I replied to help.
Let me know if your willing to work with me to help you, or if you still would like to cancel this question.
Let me know..
Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician