Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

Infiniti G35 My car, a 2005 Infiniti g-35, wont start. I

My car, a 2005 Infiniti g-35, won't start. I got a jump but that didn't work. Is it possible that the issue could still be a dead battery?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
HI there!
So the engine will not crank at all?
Do you hear any sounds when you try to start it? A click or anything?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Got a few clicks on the firstvfew tries, then nothing. Radio works and windows too, but weakly.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
Yes, it does sound like the battery is the issue. That or possible a bad connection at the battery. You should try leaving the donor car on for about 15 minutes, then try to start the car and see what happens.
Give this a try and let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If that works, does that suggest I need a new battery?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
Yes, it would seem that you need a battery.
If the battery and brake lights aren't coming on when the engine is running, then the alternator is likely trying to charge the battery like it should.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Had to step away, sorry. What does that mean about alternator? Are you saying alternator charges battery when battery is failing?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
Yes, the alternators job is to provide the battery with charge. It also runs the car once the car is started. It provides the power. The only thing the battery is there for is to start the car. Once the car is running the alternator takes over.If the alternator is not charging, the battery and brake light will light up on the dash.
If the car starts and runs and these lights aren't on, that means the alternator is charging,but the battery can't hold the charge and is no good.