Ryan
Ryan, Infiniti Master Tech
Experience:  Infiniti Master available by request Thank you!!!
30412839

2006 Infiniti m45: 75,000 miles..tuneup..back brakes

I have a 2006 Infiniti m45 with 75,000 miles. I need a major tuneup with new front and back brakes. I have a friend who runs a shop who can cut me a deal on service. Since I can get OEM parts from Infiniti USA online for 10-20% off, is it much more cost efficient to buy the parts, brake pads, cabin air filter, engine filter, transmission fluid from them and then bring the parts the auto mechanic?

I'm guessing they charge a premium on parts. Here's an example. Infiniti charges $80 for brake pads, I can get the same pads for $60 on Infiniti USA.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ryan replied 6 years ago.
Hi My Name isXXXXX you for using Just Answer.com I am an Infiniti Master Technician and I will do my best to assist you with your Question

Yes, the dealers usually mark up the parts between 25-35% over list price.

It is a rip off. You are smart to do what you are doing.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Ryan, thanks.

Since you work on Infiniti's all the time, do you think at 75,000 miles do I have anything I need to be looking at getting maintained soon ie. timing belt, struts etc?

Also, how long can this car last if I take good care of it? Can these cars go 200,000+ miles?

Expert:  replied 6 years ago.
Well these car hold up very well. The car has a timing chain which never needs changing, Your struts and suspension should be fine. There really isn't any tune up anymore even your spark plugs are good for 105k. Check your air filter. In cabin micro filter, and wiper blades.

I would just keep up with the basic maintenance. Have your oil changed every 3750, Make sure your tires and alignment is in good shape. At that miles you may also want to change your rear differential fluid and have your transmission fluid checked/flushed.

Other then that this model has no major issues you need to be concerned with.

Good luck! Thank you for using just answer.com

PLEASE BE SURE TO LEAVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK!

ASK FOR ME BY NAME IN YOUR QUESTION NEXT TIME

Save this link for future Questions My Link