Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

2003 INFINITI G35: I REPLACE THE FUEL PUMP AND THE PUMP WORKS..FIRING

Customer Question
ON A 2003 INFINITI G35...
ON A 2003 INFINITI G35 WITH A 3.5 ENGINE, THE CAR WOULD NOT START, FUEL PUMP WASN'T WORKING. I REPLACE THE FUEL PUMP AND THE PUMP WORKS NOW, BUT CAR IS NOT FIRING! MY QUESTION IS I CHECKED ALL THE FUSES, WHAT DO I NEED TO CHECK THAT DISABLE THE FIRING SYSTEM?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Infiniti
10/7/2010
Infiniti Mechanic: Tom, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 years ago
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Is the security light blinking when it does not start? How many miles on the car?

No the security light isn't blinking and it has 160177 miles.

Do you know if it's missing fuel or spark?
its getting fuel but missing spark.
Is the engine light on? Has timing been checked ? This is usually a crank sensor issue .

Yeah the check engine light is on, and no i havent checked the timing yet. i put the diagnostic machine on it and it pulled up alot of codes but none dealing with anything to stop it from cranking and it didnt even pull up a crank sensor error or malfunction. So u think thats the problem?

Most likely . Post the codes you pulled form me . It could be a shorted ECM depending on codes.

P1211-TCS C/U Performance Function

P1122-ETC Performance Problem

P0650-MIL Control Circuit Problem

P0031-Ho2S1(B1) Heater Circuit Low Volt

P0183-Fuel Temp Sensor Signal High

P0463-Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Signal

P0456-EVAP System Leak(small)

P0442-EVAP System Leak Detected

P1226 Closed T/P Learning Not Performed

P1126 ETC Motor Open Circuit/Thermostat Function

Ok was this car in any type of accident or water entering the car or aftermarket electronics ? This sounds like a faulty ECM .
No the car wasnt in any type of accident or water entering the car and everything is factory inside. i towed it in a couple of days ago and its givin me the run around. its not firing like i told u the pump wasnt working and i replace it and its comin on i jus cant get it to fire.
Ok all these codes come right back after clearing them every code?

Ok i spoke to the owner and he said that someone did bump the car it was a little fender bender but it wasnt sserious. There isnt even any damage to the car. But after the accident he drove it 20miles until he got to his destination and wen he cut it off he couldnt get it cranked and after clearin the codes they didnt come back up because the car wont start.

Ok if this car was hit in the front and it happend 20 miles after the collision I would bet it's a wiring or ground issue .The car has full power correct ?Now there are no codes stored?

yea it has full power and its turnin over its jus not firing. And u think its a wiring or ground issue. and like i said he drove it 20 miles but once he cut it off he couldnt start it back

Yes most likely from the accident . To have that many codes something is shorting out could be a wire , fuse , ECM or even the crank sensor shorted out . I would check these next.
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician

ok im gona go head n pay u but i will message u back in case i need more help.

No problem will be glad to help if you need me.

hey im back i havent had the chance to check the things u told me but im about to get on that now but i put the diagnostic machine back on the car this mornin jus to see if it would pick up a code and it did it picked up:

P1122 ETC Performance Problem

P0650 MIL Control Circuit Problem

P1126 ETC Motor Open CIrcuit Thermostat Function

Do you think that this means something since i cleared the codes and only these popped back up?

No still check the items I stated the p1122 and p1126 is for a throttle chamber issue .This would still allow the car to run but not idle . I would check the other items first
Tom
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician