Ryan
Ryan, Infiniti Master Tech
Experience:  Infiniti Master available by request Thank you!!!
30412839

2001 infiniti qx4: The 6 disc changer

Customer Question

The 6 disc changer in my 2001 infiniti qx4 shows an error 2. I can not load cds into the unit and with no green lights indicating the presence of any discs i can not tell if any are loaded but I do believe the unit has no discs in it. Is there a method to correct this and load the cds into the unit?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ryan replied 7 years ago.

Hi My Name isXXXXX you for using Just Answer.com I am an Infiniti Master Technician and I will do my best to assist you with your Question

This is a very common failure. Unfotunaly the CD mechanism locks when this happens. The only fix is to remove the unit and send it out for repair. Here is a link to a company that I have used in the past.

CLICK HERE

Good luck! Thank you for using just answer.com

PLEASE BE SURE TO LEAVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK!

ASK FOR ME BY NAME IN YOUR QUESTION NEXT TIME

Save this link for future Questions My Link

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am sorry but I believed i would get a more technical answer. I have already been told by my Infiniti local tech that it was broke and needed replaced. I believed I would get an answer from an electronics technician.
Expert:  Ryan replied 7 years ago.
Unless you are skilled in working with electronics you would do more harm then good by trying to repair the unit yourself. You should leave this to the professionals that have the right tools and manuals and know how.