New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

I was employed by a firm for 17 years, had a collective

Customer Question
I was employed by...

I was employed by a firm for 17 years , had a collective contract , but the firm restructured in Feb17 and my duties ceased . The next day I was re employed at shorter hours

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Yes with my lawyer but did not pursue the fact that I had no contract given for this new position I requested a contract several times but the CEO du=id not give me one

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I did for both of my contracts . 1 for the position of a support worker and 1 for the position of coorindator

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Because I believe that because I had no current contract for my position as coorindator , I was not transferred to the nrew company n

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
6/3/2018
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Chris The Lawyer
Hi, I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help with your question today
Are you still employed or have you been made redundant now? If so, how long since then? It is illegal not to have a written contract of course although usually the previous contract terms run over. But they should have still given you a contract in writing