New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

I am a NZ citizen who had to return home because my visitor…

Customer Question
I am a NZ...

I am a NZ citizen who had to return home because my visitor Visa to Thailand expired

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

I want my Thai husband to join me in NZ to work. What is the cheapest way to get this done? We have very limited funds unfortunately.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

We applied twice to NZ immigration online with all necessary documents for a visitor visa and he was turned down twice, even though he had a letter from his boss that he would return to his job after visiting me and my family.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have not tried to submit a marriage visa application as unsure which country is best to do this in?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
My husband wants me to return to Chiangmai to process marriage visa, but I know what the Thai system can be like!
Is it better to apply here in NZ, and can I apply on his behalf as his legal wife? We married in Maechaem 17.08.17
Big stumbling block to true love is we both have very little money as I support my sick father and can only work part time! Hmmmmm
Help, do you know a good NZ agent who will not rip us off, so to speak? Bless you for your time and guidance.
Regards, ***** ***** Anuruk
3/20/2018
Solicitor: Josie-Mod,
 replied 4 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Still waiting!
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Chris The Lawyer
Hi
I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help with your question today
Can you help first with why the partners visa for your husband was declined. Have you been married for 12 or more months and lived together for that time? Does he have a clear criminal and health record?
Hi Chris,
He was declined under the "we are not convinced you are a bonafide applicant who will return to their country"
This was also the reason cited for the second application, despite having a letter from his employer to his good character and granting 10 weeks leave from work.
We have not yet applied for a marriage visa due to cost constraints.
We have been a couple since October 2016 and have photos from this time to Dec last year when I had to return to NZ.
What can we do from here Chris?
My husband has been told I need to return to Chiangmai to try for a marriage visa there, however, am I correct in thinking I can help him apply online from here in NZ?I have exhausted my savings with two applications and although we are told going through an agency in Chiangmai will guarantee a visa, I am skeptical. Both applications had the required Documents health clearance documents.Please advise where to from here?
Thank you for your time and effort in Chris.
It may have been better to apply for a partnership visa based on your marriage. But he can apply for this visa but unfortunately the rejections may have prejudiced the chances. He can apply online but sometimes a consultant here may be useful. That would however cost a reasonable amount
You don’t need an agent but sometimes it can be useful but you need a proper agent and would be better using a NZ based consultant