New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

How much minimum investment is needed for and Indian to

apply for investment visa in...
how much minimum investment is needed for and Indian to apply for investment visa in nz. and is their any restricted area in nz as per govt to invest or we can invest anywhere in nz, say auckland. Also is their any business restriction or we can invest in any business like buying frenchisee stores etc.
3/13/2018
Chris The Lawyer
Hi
I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help with your question today
This visa is for you if...…you’re already in New Zealand on an Entrepreneur Work Visa or another visa that allows self-employment, and you want to live in New Zealand on a permanent basis. If you’re granted this visa, you’ll be able to continue operating your business in New Zealand and stay here indefinitely.Criteria you must meetYou must have been self-employed for at least 6 months.
If you’re applying after less than 2 years of being self-employed, you’ll need to have invested capital of at least NZ $500,000 and have created 3 new jobs in New Zealand.
How long can I stay on this visaIndefinitely
no, i am not in nz already. i am in India and want to come their.
Then you need to apply for the entrepreneur work visaThis visa is for you if...…you’re an experienced business person and you want to work in your own business in New Zealand. If you’re granted this visa, you can buy or set up a business in New Zealand, which you can do either without living here permanently or as a first step towards New Zealand residence.Criteria you must meetYou must make a capital investment of at least NZ$100,000. If your business is in the science or ICT sectors, or shows a high level of innovation or export potential, we may be able to waive this requirement.
You must score at least 120 points on our Entrepreneur Work Visa points scale.
You must provide a business plan for the business you intend to buy or set up in New Zealand.
How long can I stay on this visa12 months in the start-up stage of your visa, then another 24 months once you’ve shown us that you’ve set-up your business.With this visa you can...Come to New Zealand to buy or set up your own business.
Work in your own business in New Zealand for up to 3 years in total.
Include your partner, and dependent children aged 19 and under, in your visa application.
After this visa...…you can apply for residence under the Entrepreneur Residence Visa Category.If you need more time to meet our residence requirements, you can apply for another Entrepreneur Work Visa. If granted, it’ll allow you to stay in New Zealand to work in your own business for another 3 years.
Chris The Lawyer