How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 24026
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've resigned with my 4 week notice ending at Easter, but

This answer was rated:

Hi, I've resigned with my 4 week notice ending at Easter, but has refused me taking any of my 31 days holiday. Can I take time off and get the Company to deduct the time off from my final pay instead. Can they legally do anything if I just pay the Company the difference ?

I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help you with your question today. Please give me a minute to read the question

Normally you have to give notice when you want to take annual leave. But they have to pay you your holiday pay in any event, so if you are owed 31 days holiday pay, they can choose to pay that at the end of your notice period, or you could just tell them you don't want to stay, and to deduct it from your holiday pay

Chris The Lawyer and other New Zealand Law Specialists are ready to help you