New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

I've resigned with my 4 week notice ending at Easter, but…

Hi, I've resigned with my...
Hi, I've resigned with my 4 week notice ending at Easter, but has refused me taking any of my 31 days holiday. Can I take time off and get the Company to deduct the time off from my final pay instead. Can they legally do anything if I just pay the Company the difference ?
3/6/2018
Chris The Lawyer

Hi
I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help you with your question today. Please give me a minute to read the question

Normally you have to give notice when you want to take annual leave. But they have to pay you your holiday pay in any event, so if you are owed 31 days holiday pay, they can choose to pay that at the end of your notice period, or you could just tell them you don't want to stay, and to deduct it from your holiday pay

Chris The Lawyer
Phone call session started
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer