New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

I am curious to see if you can help. I am a sole trader self…

Customer Question
Hi i am curious...

Hi i am curious to see if you can help. I am a sole trader self employed business MINI TOURS DUNEDIN who pays isite annually As an agent to sell bookings to cruise ship passengers down at Port Dunedin. I am still waiting for booings as they dont do a great job/ 90 ships into town with approx 3000 passengers some looking on the boards down there at Port isite to choose a mini tour for the day in town. My business is not even on the board to offer yet some of the worst tours in town are displayed and getting bookings? There appears to be discrimination and i am going broke waiting.... I seek advise please

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New zealand Dunedin city

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not from me but another operator who has been discriminated against is also having same troubles. she is a bigger operation to me. Are you in new zealand as it said online?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont know Law enough to know what i am seeking...I am not sure what to think or do? all i know is its not good business is it? to keep missing out because they discriminate and have made it difficult...My trip advisor says i offer a great tour so how come i miss out and my business name is ***** ***** promoted???

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/13/2018
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Chris The Lawyer

Hi
I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help you with your question today. Please give me a minute to read the question

Can you help me with some of the details. I am not sure what you mean by the board, is that an advertising board at the port with all of the different tour operators? Who operates the advertising board and places the names of tour operators? What is the Isite service? This will help me identify whether there is an unfair trade practice, which I think is the issue rather than discrimination. Unfair trade practices are investigated by the Commerce Commission.

Chris thank you but why did it say $5 online to ask question then my bank is showing over $60 went out.
Sorry but isite is known by everyone???

If you read the start page you'll see that five dollars is a deposit. If you don't want to proceed you can cancel at any time and get a refund. The site you referred to, iSite, may be well known to those in the travel industry, but it is not something I am personally familiar with as a lawyer

Please stop my credit card transaction and refund it back. thank you
Please stop transaction and refund me back. sorry its okay
Thank you for considering the site