New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

New Zealand Law

My elder kid has been in india since Sept 2015 & younger…

My elder kid has been...
My elder kid has been in india since Sept 2015 & younger went in Oct 17 ,i have filed a divorce case in India & have the custody of the kids ,my wife has filed a counter claim , we both have NZ permanent Residence & childern are NZ citizen , can my wife file cases simultaneously in NZ & India , what if she loses in India or withdraws before losing & files a custody case in NZ. can i then claim no Jurisdiction.
1/16/2018
Chris The Lawyer

Hi
I think I answered this on your other question, but this does clarify some issues. If you have a court order for custody, then she can file in India, and if the children are the subject of a New Zealand custody order, she would need a New Zealand custody order to change this.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi I don't have court order( still in court) yet but have physical custody in India ,there is no NZ custody order , mainly can she file the same claim for custody in India & NZ simultaneously

Yes she can. But it would be expensive to have cases going in both courts.

Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer