New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

I recently got a tattoo he purposely hurt me as I hav other…

Customer Question
I recently got a...

I recently got a tattoo he purposely hurt me as I hav other tattoos done by the same person I know what to expect he went as deep as he could and went over it over and over agin wen tattoo was healing I couldn't walk on my leg at all and now it has bumps covering the tattooed area. Iv never had this reaction

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Worried and concerned for my leg I got it done before Christmas and there is always something not right the bumps are itchy and I'm concerned I'll have to get a skin graft if I go through any more stages of infec

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I don't know where to start I told the tattooist and the owner of the shop I asked for a refund they told me to get f**ked

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That about covers it Iv been taking photos of the different stages

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
1/15/2018
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Chris The Lawyer

Hi
I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help you with your question today. Please give me a minute to read the question

You have rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act if you are unhappy with the tattoo and the service. You can also claim ACC if this is an injury and you should take medical advice on this, and make a claim for the injury.

If they refuse to refund, you can bring a claim for a refund in the Disputes Tribunal which will be at the District Court closest to you. I can provide links if you need those