New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

I Rennie have EPOA over my Fathers estate, with the EPOA…

Customer Question
Hi there. I Paul...

Hi there. I Paul Rennie have EPOA over my Fathers estate, with the EPOA still in place, can family members remove articles from the house that they have given to mum and Dad as gifts please.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Await your reply

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No Nothing has been filed or reported. we are in New Zealand

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
1/3/2018
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Chris The Lawyer

Hi
I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help you with your question today. Please give me a minute to read the question

The enduring power of attorney comes to an end when your father dies. After that time, the executor of his estate has control over the articles in the house. So no one should touch anything until there has been decisions about distribution of assets by the executor of the estate. The family members should not remove things, because they do not belong to them, but to the estate.

May I help further with your questions? If you have finished and are satisfied with the answer, then you may rate the answer you are ready.

Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer