New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

My neighbour has mounted 20 6" x 6" solar panels on our

Customer Question
My neighbour has mounted...

My neighbour has mounted 20 6" x 6" solar panels on our boundary fence but on our side. Have I the right to remove them?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Grey Lynn Auckland

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No but is this free advice or if not how much will he charge?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Chris The Lawyer

Hi
I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help you with your question today. Please give me a minute to read the question. This is not a free service, so I suggest you look at the terms

A fence is something where you have joint responsibility and control. This means there should be discussion and a joint agreement to make any changes to the existing fence. If you do not agree to the changes by the addition of the panels on your side, then you should discuss this with the neighbour and point out that they need to get your consent to placing these on the fence. If they refuse then you would need to go to the Disputes Tribunal and seek an order for removal

The chat box told me there was a charge of $5 - When I entered my credit card $59 was deducted.
I did not agree to that and if you look at the chats you will see that.

I don't see that part, but only the legal questions. If you dont want to proceed you can get a refund

How do I get a refund I did not agree to a charge which is now showing as $85.
I know this is not your problem - thank you for your understanding.