New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

I had marriage with my wife, who is newzealand citizens, I…

Customer Question
I had marriage with...

I had marriage with my wife , who is newzealand citizens, I was apply for work visa and inz was decline because they though we not have been enough time stay together , please any suggestion

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I would like some advise

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
12/19/2017
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Chris The Lawyer

Hi
I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help you with your question today. Please give me a minute to read the question

The standard requirement for immigration is that you must have been together for 12 months before you can qualify for a partner visa. Have you been together that long?

I have been together from October 2016 to the time I was apply partnership work visa is july 2017
The visa was declined , any more Change for me or that all end , I have to leave newzealand ?
You could make a further application as you have now been together long enough, but only if your visa has not yet expired