New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

If I am on an unpaid meal break, does my employer have

Customer Question
Second opinion] If I am...
Second opinion] If I am on an unpaid meal break, does my employer have jurisdiction over me during that breakJA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?Customer: NZJA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?Customer: Full time, unionJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: I had a small wine in orange juice during my unpaid meal break, they are after my jugular
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/12/2017
Solicitor: serish khan, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
serish khan
serish khan, Lawyer

Hi there, i would be happy to help with your query. I believe that if it is against your work policy to consume alcohol on premises or on the job then this would raise an issue for you. If there is no policy banning alcohol it would also depend how much alcohol you have had and if it has affected your capacity to do your job. I hope this answers your query. Thank you.