New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

Morena ,My daughter has split with her husband ,he owns his…

Customer Question
Morena ,My daughter has...

Morena ,My daughter has split with her husband ,he owns his own business or did owes money to people and ird. Can ird take her home .we are worried for her and 2 children

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes he is on P

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
12/5/2017
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Chris The Lawyer

Hi
I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help you with your question today. Please give me a minute to read the question

It would be helpful if you told me if her home was in her name or jointly owned. If it is in her name, then she cannot be held liable for her husband's debts. If it is in joint names, then his share could be at risk.

Can I help further?