New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

I was married to this guy from India in 2013. On the 23rd of…

Customer Question
I was married to...

I was married to this guy from India in 2013.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

On the 23rd of October he walked out on me with no explanation or disscusstion and I feel like I've been used

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet but did file a complaint to the immigration and I just received a letter from them that they not investigating as it wasn't a criminal offense

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm very disappointed

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
12/4/2017
Solicitor: Guillermo Senmartin,
 replied 7 months ago

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Ok sir
Solicitor: Guillermo Senmartin,
 replied 7 months ago

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

So you believe that he only married you for the green card? Does he have the 10 year green card or the 2 year conditional green card? And what evidence do you have that he only married you for the green card?

Because thing's he use to say and to me we had a good relationship but he didn't want to help towards household expenses and he planed behind my back that was not aware of and he just all of a sudden said I'm moving out was shocking to me
I believe he used me to come to this country
Solicitor: Guillermo Senmartin,
 replied 7 months ago

The problem is that you need strong evidence or they will just think that it was a marriage that didn't work out and you just want revenge. So did he get the 10 year green card?

His only been here 4 years
Solicitor: Guillermo Senmartin,
 replied 7 months ago

Did he get a 10 year green card? When was the 10 year green card approved? When did he leave you?

No in New Zealand it's only pamenat residence
He walked out on the 23rd of October 2017
Solicitor: Guillermo Senmartin,
 replied 7 months ago

Oh wait. I see. Your question ended up in the U.S. immigration law forum, not the New Zealand immigration law forum. No worries, I will opt out and transfer it over to the correct forum. No need to respond to me as it could delay the transfer. Thank you for your patience.

Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Chris The Lawyer
Just picking this up from my US colleague. You may be aware that a 12 month marriage is needed for the partners visa, so I suspect Immigration may think 4 years is evidence of being committed. So if you believe this was a trick and you have been deceived then you need to get some evidence from emails or texts or posts on places like Facebook to show he used you. With evidence like that Immigration may then investigate