New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

Im on 5 months home detention for growing 4 cannabis plants…

Customer Question
Hi, My name is*****...

Hi, My name is***** on 5 months home detention for growing 4 cannabis plants and are half way through the sentence. Last week the police came and gave me a compulsion order for DNA. im 60 years old, havent been in trouble for 20 years and 12years. before that

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

I feel that they are targeting me unfairly as i know people that have been to jail for longer and for less with no Compulsion order. Do you think this order is justifiable and can i refuse. Also ive got nothing to hide its just the principle.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, just citizens advice , they didnt seem to help

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
11/26/2017
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Chris The Lawyer

Hi
I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help you with your question today.

It is very difficult to defend an application for the compulsion order. I appreciate that you see this as a breach of your privacy, but unfortunately the home detention charge gives the police an opening to require the sample. Colleagues of mine have tried to resist these compulsion orders for their clients, but I have not heard of anyone succeeding

Hi, I have been requested to give a DNA sample this thursday, i got five mths home detention for four cannabis plants, i know people that have been to jail for far worse without having to do a DNA test. I havent been in trouble for twenty years , im 60 years old and i feel ive been unfairly targered?. I have nothing to hide, its just the principle. Do i have to do it.
no, i only have a cell phone and im way up north bad reception
f**k you co****cker

Is this the order or notice of a hearing to make an order? The sections of the Act are slightly different?