New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

Is it legal for a nz employer to deduct sick leave and time…

Hi is it legal for...
Hi is it legal for a nz employer to deduct sick leave and time in leu owning from my pay to cover hours I had off on ACC without me requesting it on my time sheet or leave form?
Thanks
11/24/2017
Chris The Lawyer

Hi
I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help you with your question today.

No, that is illegal and an employer cannot deduct anything from your pay without your consent in writing.

Thank you for using this service. When you are ready you can accept the answer by rating the answers which I have given.

Chris The Lawyer