New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

My name john Iv paid for a kid that was not mine for 16ys…

Customer Question
Hi my name john Iv...
Hi my name john Iv paid for a kid that was not mine for 16ys and they will not give me what Iv paid to this and Iv been bankrupt so Iv paid a bill over 5time they keep on giving me the run around and will not help me Iv been trying too fine a lawyer to help me and too see if i can take them to court over taking so much off me and not give me a thing back can you help please or give me someone that will help with this
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
11/21/2017
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Chris The Lawyer

Hi
I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help you with your question today.

Unfortunately it is difficult under the Child-Support Act to get a refund. Bankruptcy does not affect your liability to pay child support, but as soon as you have evidence such as DNA evidence to prove you are not the father, then your liability stops once you provide the evidence to Inland Revenue

It would be helpful if you told me if you have the DNA evidence or that Inland Revenue have accepted you are not the father

Nop no DNA ok i had a lawyer cald nicke sinclaer I'm not to good at spilling or reading she was helping find my kids so she siad she have go and ask them if I was on the birth certificate they said no it not his name on it so she ask why is john paying for him they said because they can so if I'm not on that birth certificate how come i got to to pay for a kid that not mine and it up to me to do there job and pay out more and more money to do there job and i no if i go bankrupt Iv still got to pay but bcouse off the bankrupt i end up paying one bill over 5times and that one bill was about 5400 each time and when i was on winz paying me and i got a late fee i was paying workers rates and that was 100

How much do you owe still? Are they still chasing you for current child support or is it only the arrears they are looking for?

No Iv stop paying for that kid when that lawyer ask for them too send her the birth certificate and they said no they can't because it not got my name on it and when we ask about me paying that bill 5times or more they give me the run around and it very time Iv ask they just pass me around and around and still do it till this day for years and years Iv been trying too get a far go from them they rip me off for 16years i pay for that kid and for over 7year paid for that bill and they no that they had rip me off or they wouldn't stop the payments for that kid because I'm still paying for my kids Iv got two kids I'm still paying for

It would be difficult to get a refund for the child support because the law about child support says you cannot get the money back. If you have stopped payment for that child, that is all you can do

No they stop it, not long after that lawyer ask them for the birth certificate I didn't bcouse they toke it start from my pay i can't stop that no matter what i try

You need to see your local community law centre and they will help you write a letter to stop this. What city do you live in?

Nop try that ok i think the next step is the beehive bcouse the law is shit i pay my taxes and do the right things just too get told i have no rights and people like them can just do what every they want get no sorry not a thing from them thankyou for you help

I can read your frustartion. But the Child Support Act was drafted by politicians so approaching your member of parliament may be a useful step