New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

How can I make sure my ex doesn't take our son without

Customer Question
How can I make...

How can I make sure my ex doesn't take our son without informing me?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I am in Hamilton. New Zealand

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, I just found out he has brought plane tickets to somewhere, we have access to the same account

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm only 19 so I need simple terms, and we don't have a legal parenting agreement

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
11/18/2017
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Chris The Lawyer

Hi
I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help you with your question today.

Your expartner cannot take your child out of New Zealand without your consent. If he does, you can use a special law to force him to return the child here and he would lose rights to the child. But you need a family lawyer to help with this. If you are not working you will get legal aid to pay for the lawyer. If you think your x is intending to take the child, you can get a special order stopping him at the airport, but you should see a lawyer first thing next week to start this.

Feel free to follow up if you have more questions or rate my answer if you are ready
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer